AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
Sj - gt apex difference EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
Sj - gt apex difference EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
Sj - gt apex difference EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
Sj - gt apex difference EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
Sj - gt apex difference I_vote_lcapSj - gt apex difference I_voting_barSj - gt apex difference I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
Sj - gt apex difference I_vote_lcapSj - gt apex difference I_voting_barSj - gt apex difference I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Sj - gt apex difference

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hakijdm

Sj - gt apex difference Empty
PostSubject: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi there guys new to the forum just have a quick question about the ae101 I own a 1992 trueno sprinter sj limited (haven't seen many of that particular model here where I live in new Zealand) I do see lots of gt apex ae101's. Would anyone be able to tell me the difference between the two? Is it purely cosmetic changes e.g my model has foglights and single pipe and is a 1.6  whereas the gt apex has twin pipes, no foglights and is a 2L.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:19 am

The GT Apex is also a 1.6L, just with 20 valves.
Back to top Go down
Hakijdm

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am

So that would be the 4age in the corolla gt apex? The SJ limited has a 4afe engine. Just really want to know what the difference is other than the engine. I read online it does say its a limited model but that's all it says.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:56 am

Yes, the GT and GT Apex have the "silvertop" 20v 4AGE, the GTZ has the 16v supercharged 4AGZE, and the SJ has the 16v 4AFE (I think from memory there is an even lower spec than the SJ that has the 5AFE).
Back to top Go down
Hakijdm

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 11:20 am

Yeah 16v dohc auto I guess it is a bit "limited" in the grunt department haha but I think considering I have never seen any pictures online apart from jap magazines or any of them in real life I think its definately a keeper something quite unique about the early-mid 90s import corollas/levins and especially enjoy the look of the coupes. Going to be putting a rps exhaust system on mine in 2 weeks. Currently have a hose clamp holding up the tailpipe before the muffler as it fell off at the flange because roadkill lol(Yay living next to a beach) will have to post some pics when I figure out how to as on a smartphone lol
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:06 pm

Hakijdm wrote:
Yeah 16v dohc auto I guess it is a bit "limited" in the grunt department haha but I think considering I have never seen any pictures online apart from jap magazines or any of them in real life I think its definately a keeper something quite unique about the early-mid 90s import corollas/levins and especially enjoy the look of the coupes.

You tend to only get the performance models of things grey-imported, I know New Zealand is a little more open/lax than Aus but for instance you wouldn't be able to import an SJ here due to the lack of power.

Basically the same as any iconic sports car really, no-one really cares about the straight-six Mustangs and Camaros because the V8s are the halo models and gets all the attention
Back to top Go down
Hakijdm

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Oh definitely agree. Some of the laws is oz are pretty tough but make sense eg insurance. At least we don't have smog like in the u.s lol
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 3:38 pm

They've just gotten better though, the end of local manufacturing next year meant that the government had no excuse to keep the noose tight on grey imports.

Smog is one thing (although that's mainly just Cali), but the best thing we have over the US is that we drive on the same side of the road as Japan Razz
Back to top Go down
Hakijdm

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Lol as I read that I literally just finished watching a dash cam compilation of bad Aussie drivers (mostly p platers) haha but yeah thanks for the help basically no real change except engine size but hey that can always be modified Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 4:01 pm

Hakijdm wrote:
Lol as I read that I literally just finished watching a dash cam compilation of bad Aussie drivers (mostly p platers) haha but yeah thanks for the help basically no real change except engine size but hey that can always be modified Very Happy

Apart from the povo 5AFE, they're all the same engine size (1.6L). The GT Apex (maybe the GT too?) and GTZ will have Superstrut suspension as an option, probably better trim and brakes too.
Back to top Go down
Hakijdm

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 4:05 pm

So the 4afe isn't really too restricted to upgrades then I mean all I've done so far only having owned the car 7 months is cold air intake, new ht leads new oil filter and change and last month ended up purchasing a brand new radiator and hoses as the old one threw a wobbly on the motorway and pissed itself lol can't wait for the new exhaust system tho but just hope it won't sound like a fart can haha
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Hakijdm wrote:
So the 4afe isn't really too restricted to upgrades then I mean all I've done so far only having owned the car 7 months is cold air intake, new ht leads new oil filter and change and last month ended up purchasing a brand new radiator and hoses as the old one threw a wobbly on the motorway and pissed itself lol can't wait for the new exhaust system tho but just hope it won't sound like a fart can haha

Unfortunately most of the good stuff for 4AGEs won't fit the 4AFE (headers, cams, intakes etc etc). It and the rest of the FE-head A-series engines are a bit of an orphan when it comes to performance parts, both factory and aftermarket.
Back to top Go down
Hakijdm

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 1:02 pm

No worries as its a daily I'll wait till a second car comes along to do a Frankenstein 4ajze conversion lol nice mags, lowered springs and a good sounding exhaust is fine for now haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sj - gt apex difference   Sj - gt apex difference Empty

Back to top Go down

Sj - gt apex difference
Page 1 of 1