AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
4AGE Starlet Sr I_vote_lcap4AGE Starlet Sr I_voting_bar4AGE Starlet Sr I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
4AGE Starlet Sr I_vote_lcap4AGE Starlet Sr I_voting_bar4AGE Starlet Sr I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

4AGE Starlet Sr

Go down 
+6
mobiless2
miib14
K20VFX
gold94corolla
BRIDGY
morgey
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 am

Right i signed up here a few days ago to help shed some light on a conversion and well this is it, will be a bit of a read and i will skip out some bits as its been an on going project and i haven't taken pictures of everything I've done unfortunately!

I shall start with the car when i got it. April 2007...

The previous owner hadn't been the kindest too it but it had promise

1998 starlet SR, 1.3i 4efe 74hp comes with rev counter TTE spoiler, backbox and springs and 5 speedline safari wheels. 3 spoke steering wheel. also the only UK model avalible in black!

good bits
54,000 FTSH upto 46k
all 5 Stock speedlines, suspension, interior and exterior all in good condition for a 9yo car.
Clifford alarm with remote start. legal tints momo pedals and gearknob. probably a few other lil bits aswel but i forgot

bad.

parts of the dash sprayed silver, tacky S/wheel with the horn relocated to the column (removed the 360 connector under the wheel?), LED lights on the dash, and some little air filters glued to the A pillars.
cheap induction kit, FSE rrfpr without a gauge so no idea if it was setup correctly and a Power boost valve fitted to the brake vacuum line. and a RAGE backbox with a flared tip.

at the dealers i got it from
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01397

first thing i did, before even leaving the garage, was rip out any of the tacky crap i could, LED's and airfilter things.

got it home to a mates and cut off the flare from the exhaust and the rage stickers on each door they were just hideous lol
gave it a good clean and then set about putting the engine and interior back to stock. airbox FPR and stock brake vacuum pipe. got a 4 spoke wheel, center console and cluster surround

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00510

Not much happened to it for the first few months, got bored so removed back seats, fitted Ae92 tvis corolla gti front seats and refitted the FSE which caused it to overfuel and burnt out the rings, but thought it might be the stem seals so did them 1st (6 months after purchase), that hadnt fixed the oil burning problem so left if for a bit with the intention to replace them but then the head gasket went. Not a good start to the cars ownership or my DIY skills, all this after just 8 months of ownership Sad

gti seats
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01049

donor car
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01055

Well by this point i had the corolla gti sitting rusting away in my garden as my brother had given up fixing it so me and a friend decided now was a good a time as any to start putting the engine in but first needed somewhere to work on it. so rather than having a nice big garage built or anything we stumble across a 1960-70's concrete sectional garage free to whom ever removes it, BARGAIN albeit very small lol

October 2007ish
only thing we needed was a pad...

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01054

No pics of the garage unfortunately. its pretty much wide enough to get my car in with the total of about 10-12" spare around the door lol

so project 4age begins!

Now this is where you would hope i would have taken loads of pictures, but coz im a tard i didnt!

i did get some though. oh and the engine had to go in and out of the bottom everytime!

First off this was the car that made me want to do the swap.
7age 20v 1.9l 212whp aussi track slag ep91
4AGE Starlet Sr 4age20vstarlet

now i was well aware that i was never going to have anything like that but this is how mine went anyway.

1.3 4efe out
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01044

test fit various times then cut notch out of chassis rail out for gearbox 5th gear casing to sit into remove battery tray (with grinder lol)
retry engine in new space, happy that it can sit level remove again and weld chassis rail up with reinforcing in place!

engine back in, attach all mounts and see where they sit in relation to current mounts.

Drivers camgear mount, cut out EP mount. cut out AE mount attact AE mount to engine mount, weld to chassis. well on one half the other side needed something fabbing up. this is what we ended up with. not pretty but functional

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01514

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01516

Gearbox mount, this was a chore, removed AE mount bracket from shell, mount and cradle from box, made a mount that bolts directly to box, so no cradle any more. Welded a rather ugly bracket to the top of the chassis rail with the AE brackets attaching it to the mount

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01517

and the rear mount was actually quite easy, stock EP car mount, take bracket from box and weld a plate to it about 4"x6" drill 2 bolt holes in the right place for it to bolt to the gearbox, job done. so quick infact i didnt get any pictures. This picture is after the 20v went in but you can see the plate im on about

4AGE Starlet Sr 0C38F66D-9041-456C-8C95-D0AF5D967EE4-5912-000005DD3D6C16D3

the rear mount actually was the most troublesome thought, because i only used 2 bolts to start with it stripped one of the bolts out, also it being the stock EP mount it was made of chewing gum and meant the engine had about 35mm of movement causing knocking all over the shop... hence ^^^ poly bush, it also got a extra bracket for the 3rd bolt aswel!

Engine mounted. (ignore the bar underneath that got removed and the front mount never fitted)

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01527

Testing with Obx racing manifold
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01524

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01507

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01506

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC01505

now thats all the photos i got from the build but basically, finished it got the wiring sorted. drove it to the bloke who did the welding and had an exhaust made. 1 mile through a town on just an open downpipe... Twisted Evil

managed to source the stock TTE backbox for £25 delivered, usually £100+ because they're discontinued and now rusty lol

cut it up and made the new exhaust to fit it 63mm piping on a stock 16v smallport with stock midbox.

August/september 2008

Engine spec as finished

62,000 4age smallport
lightened stock F/Wheel
single crank pulley (lack of space)
obx manifold and downpipe opened up the flanges as they weren't port matched and had steps all over the shop.
63mm/2.25" back with TTE backbox, from the 1.3 lol

now the car got MOT'd and whilst it lasted was absolutely mental for a nearly stock engine. low down was mega grunty and rev'd out to the limiter without letting up. now this was my downfall it lasted 75miles lol

the idea was cheap oil, do a few 100miles dump it and put good stuff in with another new oil filter. that never happened, not sure why exactly but bottom end failure, fitted new bearings and went again. so not sure if it was an oil pump problem or if the oil cooler by pass was the issue.

now by this point i was massively pissed off, 8 months of work for less than a day! so obviously couldnt give up here. engine out strip down to try find the issue.

November/december 2008

But then my brother stacks his other corolla gti and twists the chassis..... sweet new engine
its a Tvis version but we fit it and get it running on the smallport ecu this is about 2 months after the car had its MOT. runs like crap for months so convert the ecu harness to suit the new engine change the dizzy setup to the tvis version! thinking it should run ok now... it doesnt! ohwell keep driving it for the next 3-4 months like this

around March/April 2009

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC02080

had a new water pipe made up
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC02123

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC02126

got bored of the black cam covers

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC03898

Aaaaannnnnnnddddd then the next issue....
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC02166

Thats a drive shaft... or at least half of one, bowing down to pear pressure, getting egged on by my bro telling me to rag it as its his engine and i was in front of a bunch of dubbers. how embarrassing

now it spends the next 14 months off the road as i cant find anyone to make custom driveshafts and i have lost the love for it and brought myself a corolla for a run about

Until one day we had the idea to use the corolla drive shafts i work in a machine shop so machined out my hubs to fit some passat bearings and corolla stub axles. fit the driver side shaft fits perfectly try the passenger side.... too long, back to square one again!!

now at this point i had removed the speedlines and had taken them to get sprayed, the starlet sat on some glanza wheels for now. Now at first i didnt think about it but the place i took the wheels to actually had a race car, go back to check up on my wheels and ask about custom shafts, turns out this company knows someone who makes shafts.... all the time the starlet was off the road i was minutes away from someone that could get some made up, typical haha only issue just the plain shaft....£223 OUCH and it was 30mm shorter than the OEM corolla shaft.

anyway SHE WAS BACK!!! June/July 2010

now i could get back to working on it, the time off the road was quite good, saving lots of money so i could buy bits for it.
when i picked up my corolla i arranged to meet and collect a rear axle with discs and cables and a cusco front lower brace.

these were fitted October 2010
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC03851

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC03855

also some coilovers, tanabe sustec pro's i believe and a whiteline adjustable panard rod
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC03879

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC03880

now it was back on the road i undersealed it, had a new 2.5" exhaust made aswel this is also when we worked out that my rear mount was made of chewing gum (not literally) and i ordered a new polybush for it!

oh and i had also collected a few other bits but you are going to have to wait for another night for them Razz

ill leave you with a pic of my 2 motors Very Happy
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00018

More history to follow Laughing
Back to top Go down
BRIDGY
BRIDGY

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:37 am

Nice and tidy car, anything else planned? Smile
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 am

Ill be adding another years worth of stuff to this during the week, iv had to pop to work tonight so coulnt finish it haha
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 am

Nice job so far, looks like you are learning a lot!
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 am

gold94corolla wrote:
Nice job so far, looks like you are learning a lot!

Thank you, and yes pretty much everything was/has/is a learning curve even now 6 years since buying it Laughing Unfortunately it was much a case of learn by doing or the old faithful buy cheap, buy twice.

When we (me and a friend matt) set out to do it. Being just 18 and never had any real building experience it was a case of try it out see what happens, of the few 4a swapped ep's i could find throughout as many forums i could, i couldnt get any help or info from them. Even now its such a black area in starlets. I only know of 2 in the Uk mine being 1 of them. Then Greece has a couple, holland Denmark 1 each and 2 in Australia. Obviously theres more not on forums and stuff but its not many!
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 pm

OK so built up continues.

October 2010 continued

Cusco front lower brace fitted along with the rear axle and coilovers

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC03878

car on coilovers and the lower brace near the floor.

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC03852

right so i had the car Mot'd again.

now it was only after a short time i realized the car was too low with that brace and that the top mounts on the coilovers were knocking not a lot but a little bit and it annoyed me.
so i took it back to the workshop fitted stock suspension and removed the brace!

the car stayed like this until december, i only put it on the road to test for any remaining knocks and issues that the swap had cause.

Now remember i said i had been saving money or buying bits for the car whilst it was off the road? yes? well i might have missed out a couple of small details Razz

1st small item
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC03757

fidanza F/wheel

2nd
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04118

Glanza brakes and yellow stuff pads.

3rd
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04025

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04026

BC racing coilovers.

The reason for the new brakes...

well this was no longer needed
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04012

leaving me with this.
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04011

the reason being, as i had purchased this through a friend who worked at an import garage
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04084

this was brought through new era imports, very impressed with the service, great guys to speak and deal with even japanese speaking miguel in japan

this is the genuine milage in japan (picture isnt working) but 33030kms = 20523miles and it was an automatic, happy dayz Very Happy

so set about getting it all fitted in the workshop

i used the ae92 box and mounts used on the previous engine and tried it in there, the alternator tensioner and bracket both were different to the 16v so the tensioner was removed as the bracket on the alternator was also adjustable so ground some meat off the top of the bracket and refitted it, job done, engine was in. had the manifold modded to suit the 20v and job was done for the time being!

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04089

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04091

excuse the messy engine bay here, there was 2 wiring looms at the time Laughing
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04092

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04093

once it was in, i fitted the driveshafts put some oil in it and towed it to a friends (Matt who did the previous wiring) where we put it in his garage to do the new harness.

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04117

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04116

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC04115

Now the 2nd time round the wiring went a lot smoother, he had built himself a swift gti turbo and had done the custom wiring on this so had a good idea of how to work with car wiring this time!

we set about removing the auto box wiring, looped the neutral switch at the ecu so the car could start. then plugged the 20v loom in and run the loom to roughly where it should be. any wire that ran to the bay fuse box we wired into the ep's fuse box. The ecu was fixed under the dash and the loom pulled through and plugged in, any other wires were then numbered and fitted to a choco block for testing.

once we got it all in and double checked everything we test fired it. surprisingly we got it fired up 1st time cheers
had forgetten to tighten the bolts on the water pump but other than that it was running sweet!

So i spent the next few nights up until past 1am pulling each plug off untangling and running it back neatly, taping them up as i went. The loom was then removed a couple of extra wires for some gauges fitted and wrapped in the twisty conduit stuff, re-taped, refitted and we were sorted!

fit the plenum over the throttles and fit drainage pipe and HKS RB25DET filter and wala...

March/April 2011

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00004

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00003

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00006

little bit of clearance issues Laughing

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00007

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00008

a little bit of testing on a private road.

4AGE Starlet Sr Th_MOV00129

July 2011

dyno session with speed limiter still in place

167.2fly at limiter 7770rpm quite a few 100rpm left!
121.9wheel
121.4lbft

stock auto ecu
fidanza F/Wheel
Hks filter
Obx 16v manifold
2.5" exhaust made by i-tuned, still with TTE tailpipe Razz

4AGE Starlet Sr Dyno2y0

video 1080p
https://youtu.be/uYkwmNPLzJk

after this the car was fine for ages, changed a few bits here and there like the interior, got some glanza interior panels, Optional extra top spec floor matts (5 piece) electic mirrors and rear bumper

old interior
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00115

new ( window switches got changed later)
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00123

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00124

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00113

mirrors
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00126

Lost track of time now some time into 2012 i think!

Then the problems, fitted a half size civic rad and had a custom pipe made up. a week or 2 later the pipe popped off a few miles from home, no biggie, got some beading welded on and that was sorted. but when bleeding the system i noticed the knocking i thought was the VVT pulley was actually something knocking against the crank pulley. i could see it wobbling like it was off balance!

civic rad and custom pipe (bit weird)

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00010-1

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00011-1

well got down and had a look only to discover this in the lower cambelt cover.

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00003-1

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00001

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00002-1

that is a bolt... It had fallen out of the engine mount inside the cover and taken a liking to the belt!!

heres the mount with the missing bolt (warning of powder coating, alway retighten anything bolted against it)
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00005-1

slightly munched belt.
4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00004-1

now whilst replacing the belt it made sense to replace the bearing and the lower casing obviously (just in case any debris got in the bearing) and i also made a custom manual tensioner as you never know when or if you will need to replace the belt etc

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00001-2

cleaned and degreased, had an oil leak from the o-ring on the dipstick (replaced)

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00011

belt refitted millage

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00002-3

troubles solved... again Very Happy

next on the list of mods was some trumpets and ITG sausage filter, got this from a levin that was for sale and these were for sale with it so P.m'd the bloke, got a good price and had them delivered

on the levin

4AGE Starlet Sr 300418_10150834216520154_1015754354_n

On the starlet Very Happy

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00009-2

flyby

https://youtu.be/c9fzO9qtg14

next was some lightweight JDM wheels, not sure of make but weighed 12kgs with tyre and came with Advan AD08's which were barely used, i got these for little more than the cost of the tyres brand new!

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00014

also purchased a HKS racing 4-1 manifold which i neated up and started heat wrapping as it had been rewelded by ray charles Sad

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00018

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00001-1

June/July 2012

but i didnt get it fitted straight away as i would need my exhaust modifing to suit as i was using a 16v manifold at the time. so instead i got a TRD front brace and a cusco rear, refurbed the TRD one black and white so suit the bay. I had also brought a new 5spd gearbox from a levin, £110 collected from birmingham. Picked it up chucked it in the back of the corolla and set home. get home and iv got a spare ae92 box so just compare the 2 and the pin through the diff is different, check online turns out the new box has a OEM lsd fitted WINNER!!

so back to matts to use the garage again,
old box, painted a bit tacky even tho i painted it haha

4AGE Starlet Sr D1b04845

new box in, testing and 2nd gear crunches at low RPM but fine under abuse.... owell abuse it is lol

new box has shorter ratio's in 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th not sure about 5th

4AGE Starlet Sr F6c7fc51

4AGE Starlet Sr 32dbac71

Early August 2012

Then made another trip to birmingham to swap a genuine Toms bucket (another cheap bonus from the import garage) seat and my corolla passengers seat for a set of recaros with a little bit of cash his way.

needed a bit of a scrubbing but i was happy with them, made the return journey alot better than the toms bucket Laughing
4AGE Starlet Sr F0505ba3

4AGE Starlet Sr E01b471d

didnt get the door cards because they were for manual and mine electric so one of use would have had visual holes left!

Mid to late August 2012

Then finally finished the manifold and got a £20 3" sports cat from a friend and a RARB from someone on facebook, got them fitted and the next day had it sound checked and it cleared for use on snetterton for an amateur track day!

4AGE Starlet Sr C62E3266-43D1-4BA5-AE97-8AE3E069DEED-558-000000BABA1B9B72

4AGE Starlet Sr AD875C52-484D-4E23-B6A6-450AA3A005F4-558-000000BAD2F4525B

4AGE Starlet Sr B959181B-7CA4-48FD-9FAF-BDEB4D171978-558-000000BACB484C11

4AGE Starlet Sr 20412037-B8F5-490D-A6A1-1C79A88657B8-5912-000005DD11705A47

bit of boredem whilst waiting for the exhaust Laughing
4AGE Starlet Sr 629F0C8F-05BC-4858-98A8-E004BEB95F50-5912-000005DD45AB53EE

Picture of me on track
4AGE Starlet Sr E421A1CB-76D2-4C93-A3C0-E62350AF8D5E-5467-000007475BB10E54

Video from my Iphone cable tied to my rear veiw mirror.
https://youtu.be/eGR704oGs9U

Not a brilliant session, some me being a retard, some the car like front brakes were shocking after a few mins :/

so after the session my brakes looked like this, 20mins or about 8mins of actual hard driving :/
4AGE Starlet Sr A63CB90E-9E32-4C87-AEE7-E9AB55FE0F8C-3619-0000040A852A7BB1

October 2012

so next upgrade was WMS 277x25mm 4 pot setup
braided lines
motul rpf600 fluid
ferrodo ds2500 pads

4AGE Starlet Sr 17032D5A-4410-4C32-9694-1722F971BF7E-3619-00000409B9D970E1

4AGE Starlet Sr 83AC2BC9-9AF1-4801-8CB7-A283C2A891E9-4905-000005CDF71B7F83

little bit of a difference from the glanza 256x18mm singles with yellow stuff and ebc discs

Mid November

then up came another dyno day
new setup
75mm trumpets and ITG filter
HKS racing 4-1 mani
3" sports cat
2.5" exhaust
fidanza F/Wheel
delimited auto ECU
levin gearbox

175.7fly @ 8150
131.6wheel @ 8130
122.5lbft

side by side dyno with previous results in red, as you can see the open setup looses mid-range power and torque. but the sound is more than worth the loss Razz
4AGE Starlet Sr 9EC90D46-8532-4DDB-A557-E0FD88E66F9F-6224-000007E6029BFD02

bad video, good sound Very Happy
4AGE Starlet Sr Th_9168FF2F-5ED9-4583-89F1-52E8C684CB68-6224-000007E7D9685457

and now the latest plans, picked up some Omori gauges that need fitting, an optional extra armrest and a spare bonnet

arm rest
4AGE Starlet Sr 0245AE9B-C740-4FFB-A20C-A8D6809D86C9-1999-00000258DF6A9ADA

stock bonnet with vent cut into it, being painted chalkboard black in my bedroom with a paint brush haha
4AGE Starlet Sr 0F6B95B1-C854-4F6F-A81B-48A1058518FF-5572-00000634CC376A4C

Im currently waiting on a fuel tank, powder coated wishbones to fit some poly bushes in, got a whiteline 24mm FARB to fit, a OMP rep steering wheel and some JDM reflet crystal headlights. will be getting these all fitted when they all turn up and i get some motivation to fit them all.

anyway heres a few extra pictures of her when shes all cleaned up Very Happy

4AGE Starlet Sr DSC00014

4AGE Starlet Sr IMG_0164

4AGE Starlet Sr IMG_0163

4AGE Starlet Sr C4448809

P.S If any of the private road clips aren't to the forums liking i shall remove them!

Comments and opinions welcome guys Smile
Back to top Go down
K20VFX
Elite Member
Elite Member

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Brilliant thread, I can see a lot of thought has gone into this conversion, it has taken a long time and each problem has been overcome and the build improved, again brilliant.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 am

As you paul i love your build,
Amazing little car

Power to weight must be awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:02 am

Nice, I see you were able to post finally Smile
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:38 pm

K20VFX wrote:
Brilliant thread, I can see a lot of thought has gone into this conversion, it has taken a long time and each problem has been overcome and the build improved, again brilliant.

Kev.

Thank man. Unfortunately most of it has been a case of fixing all my previous bodges or areas where i cut corners the first time! All part of it though, but could have saved soo much money by doing stuff properly the first time round lol

miib14 wrote:
As you paul i love your build,
Amazing little car

Power to weight must be awesome

Very Happy again thanks! She goes alright, had it on a weigh bridge, full interior and fuel 940kgs so if i was to strip it and remove the sound deadening i recon i could see sub 900kgs fairly easily Very Happy

gold94corolla wrote:
Nice, I see you were able to post finally Smile

Yeah i think i just needed that extra few hours to roll over the week mark, cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 am

any updates to this paul?
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:16 am

nothing excessive, but got more bits through and have fitted my new fuel tank as my old tank developed a leak!.

gave the new tank a wire wheel to remove any rust, then a coating of red oxide then a good coating of waxoil.

4AGE Starlet Sr DC33BCFC-CFF9-43FF-A93A-69FD10B0D103-715-000000F0805E4088

4AGE Starlet Sr 8E70945F-AADF-4E23-8A8C-5768B19DEAC5-715-000000F087BFC97F

4AGE Starlet Sr 422539E7-1D07-459C-810C-3BE6C62A401F-715-000000F08E7E57EE

and this is the size of the garage the first 16v swap was done in, obviously before my dad filled it up with all his crap lol

4AGE Starlet Sr 668676EF-D5A3-44CC-9C1F-F9F80EACF7EE-715-000000F096CB86B8

whilst fitting my fuel tank i also fitted my new whiteline 24mm FARB and regreased the rear one as it was squeaking. The front one needed a little bit of chassis modification to clear in a couple of places which is why there is waxoil on the bar and we also made a few small modifications to the gearbox mount and the handbrake cable brackets to clear the exhaust and stop all the rattles

4AGE Starlet Sr AD638AA8-792C-435B-B335-B9569A5E70C9-715-000000F0F8D4D9D0
Was soo nice to get to drive the car again, first time this year due to the tank leaking so bad, and now all the rattles and squeaks have been solved just made it 10x better Very Happy

So the last of my bits that have finally arrived so have these to fit now as well (not pictured is a pair of powdercoated front wishbones) Smile
the thing in the bag is the now fitted FARB
4AGE Starlet Sr 6FD02007-81ED-426C-9829-14541FE7A6FF-1121-0000013CEA1A3FDA

finished my bonnet off finally Razz
4AGE Starlet Sr B055FBD0-64C9-4FA1-A59E-6B0C50C01445-2636-00000367CA6D8359

a set of crystal headlights rather than the frosted standard ones
4AGE Starlet Sr 9FCAC39C-58E5-4558-BDFF-E8108DDD4920-2636-000003614D816276

Also got this today as well, rep OMP wheel, feels really sturdy not like these ones that can be bent by twisting Smile
4AGE Starlet Sr 91862119-18C2-4ABC-8DBA-FED29B606230-304-0000003DC219EBD8

i shall make a proper update over the next few weeks when i finally get a chance to fit most of my bits so you can see them on the car.
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:09 pm

some really nice bits there paul, i like the bonnet best
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Me too just need to get a rain cover made up or some nice weather so i can get pictures of how it sits with the throttles behind it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mobiless2

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Very Nice! Lots of work! Keep posting!
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 am

Had a chance to fit my new headlights Saturday morning before going out on the lash dressed as a mexican for some friends birthdays.

heres the new vs old headlights

4AGE Starlet Sr 02B1CB4B-6D84-434E-8FCF-6EDDDCA78446-5450-000004CA0F987536

both new

4AGE Starlet Sr D6129F4B-C7CE-4F43-895C-5C95E1C20D99-5450-000004CA1B784161

and one with the brothers b16 civic

4AGE Starlet Sr E1094472-CCB0-469C-A248-310F7EE63A09-5450-000004CA2C4E636C

The cars got no MOT at the moment so getting a new windscreen on saturday so i should be out working on the car getting a few things fitted. then shall book it in and see how she fairs up Smile
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 am

Cant decide if i prefer amber corners instead of the clear ones, might fit my old ambers on and see which i prefer :s
Back to top Go down
kennydang91
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
kennydang91

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Wow that was a good read. I learned quite a few things. Beautiful Starlet man. Respect! Cool
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 am

No amber please!
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 am

Whats wrong with amber, its ukdm lol
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 am

amber may look good, may even make it look more like a sleeper lol
Back to top Go down
John-117
John-117

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:09 am

wow insane car!!
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah ill get some pics up over the weekend, mine are smoked but if i like them ill buy some normal ones i think.

And thanks john Very Happy
Back to top Go down
morgey

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 am

Well new windscreens been fitted, i test fitted my bonnet and i changed my corners, to my smoked ambers.

Heres some pictures in no particular order
4AGE Starlet Sr 52BAF3B5-382E-4AD4-B98A-2E0A40E975CA-857-000000D3AC0BD6B2

4AGE Starlet Sr CA305B40-EFD8-469C-A42E-EB05D700BD4E-857-000000D3A3E447C3

4AGE Starlet Sr 81DB4644-79E7-47F9-B6CD-FC455B9460BD-857-000000D397661814

4AGE Starlet Sr 371EFA0B-7303-417A-9C01-2C846FB9849D-1117-000000F779CB612A

I definately prefer the ambers so have arranged a trade for some un-smoked ones for my clear ones Smile
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 am

nice, but im not a great fan of the blackboard bonnet on the car sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4AGE Starlet Sr Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4AGE Starlet Sr   4AGE Starlet Sr Empty

Back to top Go down

4AGE Starlet Sr
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next