AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A I_vote_lcapFitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A I_voting_barFitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A I_vote_lcapFitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A I_voting_barFitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A Empty
PostSubject: Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A   Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 am

Thanks to Ryan Lang on UKStarletClub for this write up....

just thought id throw up a little guide on how to fit the glanza TB to the n/a so that people can do it themselves Smile

firstly you will need:

-manual glanza TB (this will have the 3 pin TPS sensor)
-FTE inlet manifold with everything still intact
-some screw or bolts
-3mm hose
-6mm hose
-8mm hose
-6mm hose connector
-inlet manifold to TB gasket or a tube of instant gasket
-14mm spanner
-14mm socket
-12mm socket
-extension bars
-wrachet
-phillips head and flat head screwdriver
-lots of spring clips or small jubilee clips
-stanley blade
-fine wet and dry
-rag

firstly start off by checking wether you have the 3 pin TPS glanza TB

clean the face of the TB and inside around the flap so that when you turn it towards the sunlight, you can just about see light around the edge of the flap when its closed, if this is blocked up it can lead to idle problems so clean it up while its off Smile and cleaning the face will help get a better airtight seal.

IMPORTANT! it is important you do this otherwise the car will not start. take the 2 screws out of the TPS and turn the black box a full 360 degrees clock wise if your looking at it square on from what would be the back of the TB if it was on the car, then put the 2 screws back into place

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A TBinlet8

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A TBinlet7

next is to start blocking off the piping that isnt needed. firstly start off with the TB this pipe on top of the TB

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A TBinlet9

then we move onto the inlet manifold which needs a few pipes blocking off.
alot of people pull this bung off, but it then reveals a nice big hole Smile so leave this grey bung on

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A TBinlet1

then there is a pipe on the front that needs to be blocked off (yellow silicone pipe)
also leave the little sensor plug on the front screwed in otherwise there will be another big hole behind it

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A TBinlet11

next the back of the inlet needs to be blocked off
just this 1 on the back

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A TBinlet12

there is a light green plug on the front of the na TB that needs to remain plugged in. it will be located here on the front of the n/a TB. although it has already been removed from this one. its best to just unscrew it from the n/a TB and cable tie it up somewhere inside the bay

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A 296586_231996463517628_100001218289355_729845_1588478006_n

now the TB and inlet are ready to go onto the car Smile

this is where the most technical part come in to it, because if you get it wrong you'll pump water into the engine instead of air, which is no good Smile i have CIRCLED THE 2 WATER PIPES you will know which 2 silicone pipes are the water pipes because there will be water coming out of them/wet ends

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A TBinlet10

the other 2 pipes are for air which i have circled in GREEN and these are important to get the right way around because your steering will go light at high speeds if they are wrong, but it is pretty easy to work out. this is were the connector comes into play because you will need to extend the hose that goes to the top of air hose so that it doesnt kink

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A TBinlet10

now that its all on the car and pipes connected and bolted up and plugged in, its time to undo do the battery for 30+ seconds to reset the ecu. then connect the battery up and start the car Smile you may need to set the idle using the screw in the top of the TB.

if the emu light comes on, then loosen the screws on the TPS and turn it ever so slighty either direction, screw it back up, then disconnect the battery, every time you alter the TPS make sure to disconnect the battery

now you should be ready for T-tech Smile

ENJOY

any questions pop them in this thread

Last edited by miib14 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
deeron

PostSubject: Re: Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A   Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 am

what does this do..?
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A   Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:33 am

it increases power slightly and makes it sound like a vtec lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
deeron

PostSubject: Re: Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A   Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:52 am

cool nice1..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A   Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitting a Starlet Turbo inlet and TB to N/A
Page 1 of 1