AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
Sticker bombing your dash  I_vote_lcapSticker bombing your dash  I_voting_barSticker bombing your dash  I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
Sticker bombing your dash  I_vote_lcapSticker bombing your dash  I_voting_barSticker bombing your dash  I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Sticker bombing your dash

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

Sticker bombing your dash  Empty
PostSubject: Sticker bombing your dash    Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:48 am

ok I started work on the interior this afternoon. Was damn hard to do as i learnt a couple of things along the way. lol

I took a few pictures and ill try to do a small write up but im not that good at this sort of thing.

ok here goes Very Happy

prep : make sure u have the necessary tools, you will need a stanley knife, some extra glue(so i found out) a screw driver and a heck of a lot of patience (mine ran out otwards the end) also a creditcard or squeegee will come in handy. Disconnect the battery.

step 1, remove the 2 hidden screws located where the arrows are (see pic), they are screwed into flimsy metal holders/clips so be carefull not to knock them out and loose them. Also place your hand underneath the screws as they will drop out and onto the floor.

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0032

Step 2 remove the ashtray(see pics) and place your hand under the bottom. Get a grip and gently pull towards you . Dont let it come shooting back as the cigerette lighter will still be attatched. Gently turn the unit so that you can get to the back and disconnect the cigerette lighter and then remove the 2 lights that are there (good time to swap them for led's if you want something brighter).

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0034

Step 3 remove the slidy nobs these just pull off, remove stereo surround, again these pop off but becarefull as they tend to be fragile. Then get ur hand underneath (see pics) and pull towards you and slightly upwards, it may take a bit of a giggle too. Again dont let it come shooting back as you have to disconnect the warning lights, heated rear window and clock. They are all simple and have a little latch that you push down on the top and they will slide out (see pics)

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0038

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0039

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0040

Ok now you should have this out. If your like me i like to be perfect so I wanted to remove the blower pipes, DONT!! see pics, dont undo these clips the reason for this is it will unclip easily but then explode and it willl leave you with a pile or plastic rubble in your hands that took me 60mins to try and work out how to put it back together lol you can do it without removing this.

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0041

step 4 unscrew the switches and clock. remove the front air grills. these just pop out if u slide a small screw driver down oneside. Dont worry too much about scratches as you will be covering them anyways. But this is what you should be left with.

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0043

Step 5 use the stanley knife to cut the shapes and use credit card to get it tucked in the corners. Now depending on your budget, (mine was slim) the stickers I got sent were shockingly bad and had a paper cover over them which turn out to be more sticky than the stickers themselves. I had to add some extra glue - Prittstick to the rescue lol it seems to have worked. Also dont forget to make slits for the sliding knobs that are still on the car.

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0044

Step 6 once covered screw everything back in place. I did the switches and clock whilst i was on my desk because u can get the edges tucked back better.

Step 7 fit back into the car reversing the process of step 1-4.

step 8 stand back and admire your work, then run back indoors and type up a small write up for all the guys on the forum Very Happy well thats what i did anyways lol haha Laughing anyways here is the finished product but i admit i could have done a better job but the shape of the dash being round does make it difficult. Im gunna keep it for now anyways Very Happy

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0045

Sticker bombing your dash  IMAG0046

Back to top Go down
SHEHROZE ARAIN
Pakistan Rep
Pakistan Rep
SHEHROZE ARAIN

PostSubject: Re: Sticker bombing your dash    Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 am

nice one bro thanks for the write up, sticker bomb looks good........

and for point 8 lol!
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: Sticker bombing your dash    Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:04 am

awesome right up Lee
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

PostSubject: Re: Sticker bombing your dash    Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:31 pm

lol thx guys Very Happy im not really a write up person tbh but i tried Smile Im allways doing diy stuff as long as it aint mechanical so im sure ill be able to do some more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MirrorEyes
Canada Rep
Canada Rep
MirrorEyes

PostSubject: Re: Sticker bombing your dash    Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:18 am

Very awesome write up! I think it looks awesome personally. I've always had a thing for stickerbombing Razz

Maybe one day I'll buy an old project beater and just go to town doing all the things I've always wanted to on a car Razz
Back to top Go down
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

PostSubject: Re: Sticker bombing your dash    Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:44 am

MirrorEyes wrote:
Very awesome write up! I think it looks awesome personally. I've always had a thing for stickerbombing Razz

Maybe one day I'll buy an old project beater and just go to town doing all the things I've always wanted to on a car Razz

DO IT Very Happy doing stuff like that is awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kennydang91
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
kennydang91

PostSubject: Re: Sticker bombing your dash    Sticker bombing your dash  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:53 am

That looks pretty clean! Good job! I like it. Gives the boring interior a splash of creativity. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sticker bombing your dash    Sticker bombing your dash  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sticker bombing your dash
Page 1 of 1