AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade I_vote_lcapD.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade I_voting_barD.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade I_vote_lcapD.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade I_voting_barD.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark_H
Dark_H

D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade   D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:46 am

This How to Guide: Washer bars, a great little upgrade able to be put into any car. Takes between 10-15 minutes to do on most cars, and only a few basic tools needed. This was done on an AE92 sprinter

I have found over the years of driving that most windscreen washer jets seem to be near useless, ether not covering enough area of the screen for the blades to clean, or missing the screen completely. It's always nice on a motorway or sat in traffic to have you car cleaned by someone else's washer jets.
Washer bars will fit straight in front of the blades so spray exactly where needed and give great coverage too.

What you will need:
Washer bars (I use Peugeot 405 washer/spray bars)
A few Meters of washer tubing.
Scissors (to cut tubing with)
Cable Ties.
Screwdrivers

How To:
Firstly pop the bonnet and unclip the old windscreen washer tubing from the Y splitter. Keep the splitter as you'll be needing it again.

Unplug the other end of the washer tubing from the selector, located top left of the engine bay. you then want to plug the Y splitter into it, I cut a bit of tube and fitted it to that.
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade P1000233

Next you will need to take you new tubing and start threading it through from the nearest side to the pump first. Feed it though from the wiper arm down to the pump.
You may at this point want to loosen off the scuttle panel trim to make threading the tubing a little easier.
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade P1000234

Once the first one is place you can then cut the tubing. You should then have a long length left to go from the far wiper to the pump.
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade P1000235

This is the awkward one to do as you need to feed the tubing from the wiper arm underneath the scuttle panel to the pump.
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade P1000236

After the piping in routed and connected cable tie the spray bars to the wipers and connect the tubing. You will need to cable tie the tubing to the wiper arms as well to neaten things up.
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade P1000237

Test the bars work and that the tubing isn't kinked or squashed anywhere. If you loosened off the scuttle panel trim now is the time to screw it back down again.

You will then have something that looks like this:
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade P1000238

All black tubing, cable ties to blend in.
D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade Kodak054

Dark
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade   D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 am

nice, may have to give this ago
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
magweal

PostSubject: Re: D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade   D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:56 am

I thought about doing this when i put the STI scoop on the wagon
Back to top Go down
nortel
nortel

PostSubject: Re: D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade   D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:08 pm

good Idea let me copy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade   D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade Empty

Back to top Go down

D.I.Y How To: Windscreen Washer Upgrade
Page 1 of 1