AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
Reviews on the Wagon EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
Reviews on the Wagon EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
Reviews on the Wagon EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
Reviews on the Wagon EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
Reviews on the Wagon EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
Reviews on the Wagon EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
Reviews on the Wagon I_vote_lcapReviews on the Wagon I_voting_barReviews on the Wagon I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
Reviews on the Wagon I_vote_lcapReviews on the Wagon I_voting_barReviews on the Wagon I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Reviews on the Wagon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wootlzer

Reviews on the Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Reviews on the Wagon   Reviews on the Wagon EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 pm

I'm new on here & am hoping to spend more time on this website as I just recently got handed down my dad's old '93 Corolla Wagon (DX) as my first car. I was just wondering what your guys' reviews are on this car. My friends like to make fun of it quite a lot as they have "acceptable" JDM "performance" cars like the 200sx and Subie Impreza where they can show off, drift, etc. Knowing that my car is FWD, that adds to their harrassment. I just want to know how to stand up for my ride and how I can get it on their level. Also, is it possible to perform in a ride like mine? Although I may sound a little naive, I'm just looking for some suggestions. Any would do! Thanks for help.

(picture of my ride below)

Reviews on the Wagon Wagon12
Back to top Go down
Corollove
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on the Wagon   Reviews on the Wagon EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 4:14 pm

The car certainly isn't in the same category of performance as a 200wx or Impreza. This is an economy car whilst the others are not. I suppose with a a 20v motor swap you could keep up with those cars, but I wouldn't worry about trying to get on their level. You have a unique and reliable Toyota wagon which is boat loads more interesting than the run of the mill 200sx or impreza that every kid and their mother has nowadays. Don't worry about their teasing, just enjoy your ride for yourself. Do some modifications that you might enjoy
Back to top Go down
Ruktman

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on the Wagon   Reviews on the Wagon EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 7:33 am

As above, itreallly is about how much you enjoy what you drive, and honestly, ive had 10x more fun in my beaten up ae101 levin than i ever had in my fairly mint s14 silvia!
Back to top Go down
Antamatronic

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on the Wagon   Reviews on the Wagon EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 2:16 am

+1 your econobox won't compete with the "performance cars". Your wagon is awesome though and I am super jealous of it. You can add some really sweet mods to it too. Keep an eye out for any factory optionals your car is missing, though most DX wagons are usually pretty well equipped.

The factory rims on her are the OEM factory alloys for the 7th gens, but they remind me of the cheapo, black, steel rims. I call that style rim "forever steelies", but they're nicer than no rims so decide if you like them, that's all that matters.

Start making it a point to hit up your local breaker yards. The 7th gens are plentiful and any parts you find in a sedan will swap right over to your wagon, besides the tail lights anyway. In the last 6 months I've found everything from the big center arm rest to OEM factory wood trim dash bezels and leather seats!

Also, look at steering wheels from the 8th gen Corolla S, they are black leather wrapped with red-stiching. I've found 2 in the last half a year at my local junkers. They're a more modern looking, 3 spoke design and they bolt right in. The airbags are different though, so make sure you clip pigtails off the clock spring from the donor if you find one.

Early to mid 1990's Lexus ES300 horns will swap over too with minimal modification, just make sure you get both the "L" and "H" tone horns and try to grab at least 2 wire pigtails so you can avoid cutting your wagon's horn connector.

If you have the loot and/or the skills and means, you can drop in a black-top or silver-top 4A-GE engine for a nice HP increase. Or you can buy rare JDM bumpers and lights and cool japan-only options like window sail tweeters, power folding mirrors, automatic headlights, ignition key light, all kinds of odd little things.

Anyway, start by looking at other people's build threads. Start reading what other people have done. Becoming intimately familiar with your whip and others you find in the junkyards is a good idea too. There is so much customization you can do. It'll keep you busy for years!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on the Wagon   Reviews on the Wagon Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews on the Wagon
Page 1 of 1