AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) I_vote_lcaphow long do u plan to keep your car....... :) I_voting_barhow long do u plan to keep your car....... :) I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) I_vote_lcaphow long do u plan to keep your car....... :) I_voting_barhow long do u plan to keep your car....... :) I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)

Go down 
+14
Argew24
BRIDGY
noodlekid
akuma64
Sgt_Lyna
kennydang91
Skorp
magweal
Hiro
miib14
MirrorEyes
gold94corolla
knite
SHEHROZE ARAIN
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SHEHROZE ARAIN
Pakistan Rep
Pakistan Rep
SHEHROZE ARAIN

how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) Empty
PostSubject: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 am

ok guys how are u all

today it just came up in my mind that no doubt these cars are getting old so i thought of asking u guys that for how much time you have your current car and for how much more time you guys are willing to keep it..

and what does your family and friends say about your car....

Back to top Go down
SHEHROZE ARAIN
Pakistan Rep
Pakistan Rep
SHEHROZE ARAIN

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:02 am

ill start first i was looking at my corollas documents yesterday i found out my car was made in december of 1990 in japan and was imported here in 1995 and since then i have my corolla that makes it 18 years give or take.......

and i plan to keep this rolla as long as i live........but god forbid even if its unable to be on the road ill just give it a fresh paint and will make a glass garage for it as its last resting place in my home.............but i dont think that would be happening for about 20 years

my friends love my car because it is well maintained because diesal cars are hard to maintain..............some of them envy me because they arent getting some luxuries in new model corollas which are found in my corolla

and well my family loves my car but they think a change is necessary so my dad was conviced to let go of the corolla but he didnt want to sell so before joining this forum i stepped forward to my dad and said that he should get a new corolla and i want the ae101...he agreed and after few months when i get my documents right my corolla will be on my name and would oficcialy be mine Smile

hope u guys loved the post

Back to top Go down
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 am

im not sure to be honest, i want to keep it for a while for years but im not 100% happy with mine as it doesnt handle anywhere near as much as id like, im missing my old car too much as I cant seem to chuck this one into the bends like my old one Sad

I will have it for a year at least so i can get my no claims bonus but who knows after that might keep it might move on. Depends on how the car changes depends on what happens but at the moment im not in love with my car so there is no magic or chemistry. For me thats important cause at the moment i dont respect this car and that is a dangerous combination
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:10 am

I wanted to keep mine forever, since it was my first car, and I had put so much time, money and work into it.... but at some point, the headache was too much. Just make sure to keep your car in tip top shape and hope for the best....

But even now, I don't plan to have the IS forever. Now that my first Corolla is gone, no car will ever be the same again.
Back to top Go down
SHEHROZE ARAIN
Pakistan Rep
Pakistan Rep
SHEHROZE ARAIN

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:13 am

nothing can ever replace a first true love and a first car....
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:14 am

Nope, nothing ever.
Back to top Go down
MirrorEyes
Canada Rep
Canada Rep
MirrorEyes

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:22 am

I have the same opinion as Chris's post, even though I didn't put nearly as much work into my Corolla as he did, I still loved it more than was probably acceptable to love a vehicle.

I love the Lancer, but of course it's not the same, I plan on having this at least till' I'm done school, in about 4 years.
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:23 am

Yeah I love my IS, don't get me wrong, but not possibly like the Corolla. I hardly care about it in comparison.
Back to top Go down
SHEHROZE ARAIN
Pakistan Rep
Pakistan Rep
SHEHROZE ARAIN

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:23 am

ive noticed one thing once u sell ur most cherished car due to some reasons u never seem to stick with one car ever
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:02 am

im hoping to keep mine for at least the next 10 years, but it may start to become a 2nd car before that and then into an all out track monster near the end... but i will not be selling it lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:08 pm

miib14 wrote:
im hoping to keep mine for at least the next 10 years, but it may start to become a 2nd car before that and then into an all out track monster near the end... but i will not be selling it lol

even if chris offered u his collection of pokemon cards? damn ur good lol
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 pm

I think I'll only ever get rid of the 102 if I move overseas or it gets written off in an accident (since it'll never die from mechanical issues Razz). It was my first car, has been in the family since brand new and never let me down.

Of course once it comes time to start my own family (which is probably in the next year or two) then there is a decent chance of it being taken off the road and turned into a track car, but that is kind of reliant on having a decent garage to work on it, otherwise it'll be the family car for a little while.
Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
magweal

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:13 pm

I've had mine for just over 4 years now and it's my 2nd ae101, this 1 will be sticking around for a while, i think the only way i'll let mine go is if i wrap it around a tree in a forest stage
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:39 pm

I think im going to sell it next winter. Smile 1year more maybe Razz
Back to top Go down
kennydang91
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
kennydang91

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Awesome topic idea! Really like reading the questions and answers here. lol this is kinda long so I'm not expecting anyone to read it.. (but if you do, just know I personally like to call me car a "she" so don't mind that lol)

It's crazy how close we can grow to love our first car. I plan to keep mine forever until something bad, like an accident, happens. I really hate thinking about it but that's just the reality. She's not showing any sign of old age so I'm pretty sure mechanical issue is quite a ways away from me. She's served me, my family and friends so well these past 17 years and I have no reason to put her aside right now. Plus it's not like we bought her used either. We picked her up brand new and untouched in 1995 and, as ridiculous as it sounds, I feel like this hunk of metal is part of the family. This car was the first project me and dad ever did together. There's just so much memories she carries with her. It was the first car I ever drove and my dad taught me how to drive in it. Then the car was passed down to me and I taught my sister how to drive after our parents separated. As of today I'm currently teaching my baby brother how to drive in it. She is the only car that's been with us for so long. It's no surprise considering the legendary reliability and the awesome gas mileage that allows her to shine through these economic plunges. The Fords, Chevy, Nissan, Honda, and Mitusbishi we owned didn't survive the test of time. There's just no reason for me to get another car at this point in my life. If I were to get a new car, it'd be because I want a new car. Not because I need one. I know no car I buy in the future will ever captivate me as much as this one did, no matter how fast and flashy it may be.

As for the friends and family aspect-
If it wasn't for this car, I highly doubt I would even have the friends I do now. My best friend just recently asked me to be his best man at his wedding and if it wasn't for this car and the mods, I would have never known him!

As for my family, my mom tells me to stop spending money on the car all the time and I am finally now listening to her... mostly because I'm practically done modding aside from a paint job. Razz

My dad is proud of me for doing everything on my own and my brother looks up to me when it comes to mods. He's already eager to get a EK Civic and start his own thing. I'm not trying to boast in myself or anything. I already know my car doesn't stack up to a lot of the great builds here like Scott's, Chris', Ishaq's, and everyone one else here who has built or swapped motors... and has a complete paint job haha. I'm just really thankful that I've been blessed with something like this.

For those who were bored enough to read, I wanna say thank you for reading my novel. LOL study

Last edited by kennydang91 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SHEHROZE ARAIN
Pakistan Rep
Pakistan Rep
SHEHROZE ARAIN

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:08 pm

lol we werent bored bro it was a nice read.............

and i dont think i would ever give up on my car in case of a majour accident or rust.....................

Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:15 am

not bored at all kenny, was actually a good read..

iv owned my for 4 years now (since i passed) owned a number of cars but theres always that love of your first car, especially when you have modified it..

mines a daily driver, but i when i get married and start a family i would want something abit more comfier and cheaper to run (im thinking of an is220d or an e91 bmw touring) but i will still keep this car, rent out a garage and slowy tinker away with it
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
MirrorEyes
Canada Rep
Canada Rep
MirrorEyes

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:38 am

My mom told me the same thing with my Corolla Kenny Razz very good read too.
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:44 am

Thanks for sharing Kenny, + rep! Smile
Back to top Go down
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm

great reading topic this and some good answers Very Happy seems we all like our first cars the most haha part from me as mine was a volvo 340 rwd about 15 years ago
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Lyna
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
Sgt_Lyna

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:25 am

Nice story idd Kenny! As for my story, as you know my gf has a rolla too, actually she bought hers a few months before I bought mine. When I bought mine I had a clear view of how she (yep it's a she) should look like. This idea has been changed quite a bit over time. I bought mine two years ago I never knew I could do mods myself, I always thought I'd have to bring her to the shop to have it done... Now the only big mountain to climb is real engine mods, meaning the gearbox/clutch/complete swap. This will be done at some point however! And since I have like a million ideas and plans, she's not going anywhere.... Ever!
Back to top Go down
akuma64
Elite Member
Elite Member
akuma64

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:39 pm

lol i know this is an old thread but i glanced over it as i was skimming through some topics. all i have to say is this.......i am never getting rid of mines. i will own many and more powerful cars..but my ae101 is the baby. she is gonna sit in that garage with the supra and lexus. maybe if i get lucky in the field of chemical engineering and physics...ill get a LFA. lol dreaming tongue
Back to top Go down
noodlekid
Elite Member
Elite Member
noodlekid

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:11 am

Mmmm keep mines till I die!! Or till some douchebag totals my corolla...
Back to top Go down
BRIDGY
BRIDGY

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 pm

I hope to pass mine on to any kids i will one day have and hope they will have as much love and joy i have for it. Make it into a family heirloom. Smile
Back to top Go down
Argew24
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:20 pm

So I guess I'm not in anybodys will.....Damn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)   how long do u plan to keep your car....... :) Empty

Back to top Go down

how long do u plan to keep your car....... :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next