AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 I_voting_barThe urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 I_voting_barThe urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The urge to buy a new car!

Go down 
+5
gold94corolla
MirrorEyes
Corolla Sound
Sgt_Lyna
Skorp
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah! But that would be a expensive car Razz

I will consider a more serious toyota project next winter.. Ae104 or a Ae95 with as much power as i can afford Smile Would be supercool to have a corolla sliding sideways in Iceraces :p
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 am

ok cooool, just get a ae104 for now though and use it through winter, then 3sgte it next year
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 pm

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=37827489

This one is the cheapest Smile Its 300£ above my absolute maximum budget! Thats alot if you think i can get 4 Volvo for the same price as this rolla! Smile

I can tell you the faith of all my wintercars so you can understand my budget Razz

Audi 100: Dintet the whole right side after a slide on ice into a wall of ice. Drove through what looked like a pile of snow, but it was actually a pile of rocks.. bumper broke and front wheels punctured. Understeered into a ditch and bent the fender.

Volvo 240: Put it into a ditch, fender bent and alignment was totally off

Passat: No damage actually, but it was in the ditch once.

Volvo 360: tried to drift close to a container, but hit it and crushed the rear bumper. Put it in a ditch and made it undrivable :p

Beemer: Slided into a fence with the arse, the hook hit a pole and made the car look like a banana.. Not much damage outside, but you could se easly how bent it really was.

Hehea, this is the reason i buy these cheap cars. To have a laugh and scrap them without any problems! We where laughing for ever when i crashed the beemer Very Happy

Just a note: I have never crashed while driving normal. None of my normal nice cars have ever got a dint or anything! Just had to tell this, because it sounds like im only putting cars into ditches Very Happy

I will try a ae102 in winter if i have the chance.. if it works like a charm i will build a expensive wintercar next year Smile
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 am

Now, im considering to buy a Starlet, and take a 4age BT swap on it..
Standard class in Autox is abit boring, i want to upgrade to modified. but then i need less weight to throw around the cones.. A 750kg 165-180bhp Starlet with Coilovers, adjustable sway bar at the rear, stripped interior, bucket seats with fourpoints harness lightweight wheels with slicks..
Engine mods would be velocity stacks, lighter flywheel, new clutch, Bee-r rev limiter, 270 cams, and a Torsen differential..
Should be very competative in the modified class! This years winner is a 450kg 90bhp Morris Mini..
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:07 am

i know someone who has done a 4age 20v swap into a starlet, il try to get him to join up and see if he can add some info
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:30 am

Cheers Ishaq!

I think its just as easy to put a SR20 inside, because almost nothing fits.

i think the gearboxes are the same type.. So the bellhousing needs to be swapped on the bt engine. Then the gearbox mount fits i guess? Then driveshafts are bolton. Need to weld new engine mounts and shave down the crank pulley from two multibelts to one multibelt.. Or else you have to cut out and weld Smile

But please, ask him! Im really interessed Smile
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 am

heres what he said vegard, he will try to sign in tomorow

had a read and he seems to have done his research, he is right on the gearbox, use the ep box change the bell housing and you can use one or the other stock mounts but im not sure if the bell housings are deeper and that might move the other mount into a different place so best mount it up with the driveshafts in place and see where it sits in relation to them, also ep ratio's arent very good for the 4age. And the cam gear chassis rail would need cutting and welding with a custom mount.
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 am

thanks Ishaq!

I hope i dont have to cut the chassis rail.. if i have to do that, then i will not buy a starlet.. but I think its just to shave down the crankpulley enough. I hope its possible to get a long belt, and fit everything to that one. Im not even sure if the starlet have powersteering?
I would also like to know how the gearing will be with a ep gearbox.. because the standard ae101 box have a too short first gear..So if the first gear is abit longer, or the 1st and 2nd gear is wayy shorter then i will be happy :p
Back to top Go down
morgey

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 am

alright mate, im the fella with the 4age starlet. and depending on which model yes they do have power steering, but i couldnt fit it in due to lack of space!

mounting it the way you would like to, you will have to cut the cam gear chassis rail unfortunately, the only way you can do this swap without cutting a rail is to mount it so the gearbox is hanging under the rail on the GB side and pushed right over so its nearly flush with the outer skin of the inner arch. This inturn will make the clearance quite low but will mean the alternator and crank pulley are low enough to miss the C/rail, it will also give you some extra clearance on the brake cylinder!

you would also need at least 1 custom driveshaft (about 30mm shorter than a stock ae92 shaft on the GB side) doing it this way and maybe custom hub work (i need to check to see if ae92 cv joints are the same as glanza or gtturbo ones) im using ae92 stub axles in my hubs with some passat bearings made to fit into my hub lol. this allows me to use stock ae92 c.v's and the 92 shaft on the drivers side (UK, not sure where you're from?)

Also every mount would need modifying doing it this way but if your going to the extent of the swap then this shouldnt be a problem lol

erm ill leave you to dwell on that for now, let me know if you want anymore info Wink

i would post up pics etc but theres a 7 day ban on me doing so. if you want to have a look at it or for some more info ask miib14 for some links Smile
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 am

Cheers mate!

Really appreciate all of this info. Im from Norway btw Smile
This build is way to big for me atm.. its just not worth it.
If it just was the way i said, then no prob, but cutting and welding in the chassie rail is a big no no for me.. I will rather find somthing where i just have to fabricate some engine mounts, or just fit the engine straight in Smile (Corolla KE70 or a MR2 AW11)

Thanks, Vegard
Back to top Go down
morgey

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:03 am

Ahh fair enough it wasnt something i really wanted to do but i had a persuasive friend on hand haha! You could always go the kp60 route rwd and theres conversion kits ready to buy Wink
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am

I will never get my hands on a KP60, i promise you! Unless i import it myself Smile
Think i will start looking at Mr2's. A nice old one with a good blacktop and suspension mods should be endless fun Smile
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:58 am

like an mr2 aw11?

theres a local one to me with a 2GR (same engine as the lotus) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Haha you dont like the AW11?

I dont want any diffucult tasks.. putting a 2zz-ge ( I think thats what the lotus engine is called in toyotas? ) would mean some cutting, fabricating and a hell of a harness job.. no thanks!

Give me a Aw11 and a blacktop! Bolt-on, and buy a prebuild harness. Job done Razz
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 pm

i love the aw11 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ffbomber
ffbomber

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:21 pm

The new lotus has the 2gr, I love the 2zz elises though. I've had 2 supercharged aw11's, one of my all time favorite cars. Nothing has shown me how much I have to learn about car control like those cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The urge to buy a new car!    The urge to buy a new car!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The urge to buy a new car!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE101 Owners Club :: General :: Steam Room & Rants-
Jump to: