AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 I_voting_barThe "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 I_voting_barThe "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The "Green Panda" Hatchback

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ORAIOO

The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 1:05 am

Another great haul for today! Got' em for 70€.
Now the driver's seat does look a bit worn out (and it is), but this picture was brightened up a little bit, so it doesn't look as bad in person.
Also i only just now realized i don't have headrests for the rear  lol!. Need to ask the seller if he has them. (He is looking for them as we speak)
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Rear10
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 9:14 pm

I felt like doing something today, so i got the rear seats removed and replaced with the better looking ones!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 82536410
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 83470710
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 2:46 am

Finally got the last seat in place. But before that, I had to do some fixin on the head rest..The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Img_2033

The problem. The metal bar was a bit loose inside the head rest.
The solution? Acrylic compound. Filled er' up, let it cure for a day, mask it off with some black pen paint and done dealio.

Like a glove!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Img_2034
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 2:57 am

It's finally off fellas! This bastard was a lot easier to take off than i would like to admit  lol!
And i only figured it out because i decided to go full ham on my part out car (same model as mine) and ripped it open Haha!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Img_2035
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 3:32 am

I'll make a separate thread about removing front door cards. Sounds good?

Anyway after i figured this stuff out, removing the old and throwing in the new ones happened in a flash!

The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Img_2036
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Img_2038

It's coming along nicely! Now i need to hunt down the rest..
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Img_2037
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 8:24 am

Very nice! It's coming together nicely! Looks like the door handle came off how I'd expect (like it does on mine) but it's tricky to do it the first time. Good idea about the headrest fix, I wouldn't have thought of that.
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 6:34 am

So today i went and picked up this exhaust piece. My current one is leaking a fair bit.
I did get it emissions checked and it did pass it, so it wouldn't be a problem with the yearly inspection that are looming over me..
..Buuuut i rather fix things before they develop into a bigger problem + it's loud and smelly too lol!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 84140010
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Oh man it's been a while since last time i did anything maintenance related.. and it felt good!
The nuts were pretty tight in there (as expected), but the procedure was pretty much painless up until the oxygen sensor... those nuts were pretty much unrecognizable and were rust welded in there really bad so i had to get the angle grinder out.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Pipe_110

Here's a better look at the damage on the pipe.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Pipe_210
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 5:53 pm

And here's the finished product! The underside is a lot more freshened up!
The installation procedure was a bit of a pain tbh. The catalysator side wasn't that bad, but the manifold side... oh man that side was frustrating! Lining up those manifold studs on to the front pipe proved to be a challenge in itself! But i got it in there at the end.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 86728410

While i was celebrating a job well done, i decide to inspect the underside for more potential projects down the line.
Ball joints looked fine (at a first glance anyway), but some of the bushings on the control arms are hardened and littered with micro cracks and one of them were pretty much tearing apart. sway bar bushing in the front had couple good sized cracks in them. (haven't checked the rear yet)

So i guess i know what i'll do next ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have been reading a lot about polyurethane bushings as of late, mainly about the positives and negatives and how they affect handling. While i was doings that, i discovered that swapping in polyurethane bushings to the sway bars and end links ("dog bones" as we like to call them) results in pretty much net positive, they don't really effect the NVH rating (noise, vibration and harshness) while giving better cornering ability.

https://www.suspension.com/polyurethane-v-rubber-suspension-breakdown.asp#swaybarbushings
https://www.suspension.com/blog/rubber-v-polyurethane-suspension-bushings/

These are a good read, i highly recommend if you are any bit of curious!
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 pm

thanks for sharing those links!  I've been considering the same thing for mine with a suspension refresh, but that gives me more to think about instead of just going with all poly.  At least you were able to get the header off the engine and catback! Mine was all completely rusted together, had to replace the entire exhaust at once.
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 10:46 pm

I hope those links goes to good use! I'm also on the fence about going all poly, but i feel like i'll go with the sway bar bushings and see how i like them and go from there. Maybe try to find someone locally and ask them to let you test drive one?

We also have a lot of problems with rust here, i just happened to get really lucky with this hatch. The underside is in surprisingly good condition, tho i don't know the history of this car so it might have received rust protection at some point.

The biggest rust problems i have are in the rear arches, upside of the windshield and some on the doors. I hope i'll get to address those issues this summer.
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 5:17 am

I have been looking for some better looking floor mats, of course the problem is that most of these are for RHD AE101's only... so i came across this one and i got the bright idea of making something similar
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Floor_16

So here are some mats, OEM rubber mat, some aftermarket black mat (both of these for reference) and a regular door mat for cutting and fitting.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Floor_15

Obviously i wanted to do something similar like the one i saw on ebay and this is what i came up with so far.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Floor_11

Looks kinda dope in there, but this is only a rough "sketch" and i'll try to find someone who can make floor mats that look miles better!
But before that, i think i'll do more experimenting and see if i can come up with any other designs. (and i'll need to do the rest of the mats).
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Floor_12
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Floor_18

What ya all think?
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 11:36 am

Nice! I've never seen anyone cut their own mats like this
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Today i had to move the hatch outside due to much needed garage cleaning and reorganizing, this was the perfect time to snap couple pics!

I gotta say, that FX Badge Crowns the front really nicely! It makes it feel "complete".

Also i got a question for you all, should i paint the side "moldings"? to body color? Or leave it like that? Can't really make up my mind about it.

The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 87585110

It may look like the winter season is at full swing, but it isn't. This winter has been one of the WORST in recent memory, even this snow lasted like two days max because it's been unusually warm all year. Not to mention the strong winds that have wreak havoc all over Finland.

This post also serves as reminder for myself as in how far i have gone with this project. Before i start my summer season cruising with this hatch, i'll get it partially repainted (mostly to fix some rust spots) and have the spoilers installed by a local workshop. Those will probably be the only major updates that you'll see (unless i start to work on the coilover setup). This summer i shall enjoy my ride thoroughly.

Little update about me, i have applied myself to study as a Car Mechanic. I have a interview coming up this Friday and my chances are looking pretty good.

Wish me luck!

The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 88166310
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 am

I painted my body moldings before I eventually removed them. But at this point, I think it looks fine in black, matches everything else and is "period correct". Good luck with the interview!
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 4:09 am

Welp, i have coilovers installed now. I intended to do this over the summer, but i figured "ah what the hell, i'll let the workshop do it" and here we are.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 90473210

The height is pretty spot on out of the box, but there is still need for adjustment since every corner has different heights according to my measurements (i measure from the ground to the fender on a flat surface), i'll probably set it to something like 60cm or 65cm.
As for the rebound (i assume)...  Not gonna lie, bit too hard for these Finnish roads.

Also i have made the decision to get the side moldings painted, i just think it adds a touch of "refinement" imo.
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 6:13 am

Okay i have some bad news to share. Remember the Liftback Corolla that i bought? Yeah it turns out that it has some unpaid extra taxes by the last owner. Why you may ask? Well most likely because the previous owner drove with it without insurance or something like that, the authorities got wind of that and here we are.

The amount is eye watering 1300€+ and i don't have that kind of money to pay and nobody wants to buy a car that you can't drive legally. so my only option is to part it out and make some of my money back.

So here is my plan, i'm stripping the wiring loom for the electric mirrors, cluster dimmer and central locking. I doubt that i can use that central locking, but i'll sure damn try! Also this model has a slightly beefier front speakers that i'm hoping to utilize them since they are also wired to the same loom.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Rip_li12
Already got a pretty good start on this, i just hope i can convert these to the Hatch!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Rip_li13

Last edited by ORAIOO on Tue May 19, 2020 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 11:08 am

that's weird, that you get punished for the previous owner's criminal activity. Shouldn't they have to pay it? Sorry you're in that position :/
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 am

Yeah i did ask about that, but as it turns out. Whoever happens to be the CURRENT owner of the car, he has to pay the tax (if they want to drive it that is).
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:58 pm

Oh yeah i don't recall mentioning these parts that i got last year. Well i did in the facebook group, but not here  lol!
Here's a genuine OEM leather Shift knob that i got from ebay for 20 bucks or so. Bit used up, but i'm just glad to have something rare Very Happy
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Shift_10
And this arm rest that is apparently from a BZ Touring Wagon. It's not perfect, it doesn't latch on, but i got some ideas what to do with it.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Arm_re10

I'm always on the lookout for rarities on ebay, almost daily. There was a underseat storage tray that popped up in there, but i missed out on it cuz i was bit tight on the cash at the time and i hate myself for it.
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 6:58 am

Here is today's purchases, Brand new Control arms and ball joints by Monroe. I still need a rear bushing assembly thing for the left control arm, i might have to salvage the old one and get a separate bushing pressed in. Though i much prefer to get some fresh steal in there, because you know... 25 year old steal isn't what it used to be.

Also wanted to ask if any of you have done this job before, if so, was the ride quality improved drastically afterwards? Just want something to look forward to.  Razz

The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 92250710[/url]
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Today i tried to see if i could adjust the mileage meter of my spare cluster.. and i succeeded!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Fix_1310
It's quite simple really, all you need to do is to move those gears in there. Don't force them tho, you kinda need to wiggle them sideways first.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Fix_210
I'm thinking that i'll install this in the hatch for now (it should be plug & play), until i figure out the wiring for my white cluster.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Fix_410
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:32 am

classic old trick!
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 3:57 am

Things are starting to roll once again.

1. I sent my spoilers for painting to a local shop and i'm expecting them to be done next week.

2. I'll be replacing the front control arms + those bushing bracket thingies , ball joints and dog bones (end links).

3. And lastly i'll be doing the much needed oil change.

Hopefully i'll get some time to do those two things this week lol!
Oh if someone was wondering, yes, the cluster worked like a charm.
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 4:06 am

Also i have been struck by the infamous car fever.. i have been daydreaming about owning an ST185 Celica or a good old MR2 since those seem to be some what attainable. There are other brands too.. mainly a Honda Accord Type R, those things are seriously badass (and practical, you know.. that whole 4 door business)! I actually test drove one last year and it was a blast to drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Green Panda" Hatchback
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next