AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
And there goes the tumble weed EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
And there goes the tumble weed EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
And there goes the tumble weed EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
And there goes the tumble weed EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
And there goes the tumble weed EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
And there goes the tumble weed EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
And there goes the tumble weed I_vote_lcapAnd there goes the tumble weed I_voting_barAnd there goes the tumble weed I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
And there goes the tumble weed I_vote_lcapAnd there goes the tumble weed I_voting_barAnd there goes the tumble weed I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

And there goes the tumble weed

Go down 
+5
jay93FXGT
SHEHROZE ARAIN
miib14
kennydang91
BRIDGY
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BRIDGY
BRIDGY

And there goes the tumble weed Empty
PostSubject: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:53 am

Hi guys, was just thinking over the last couple of weeks that the club has gone a fair bit quiet, as have quite a few of the builds. Not to much point to the post, just thought i would share what i'm thinking lol.

And there goes the tumble weed Tumble10
Back to top Go down
kennydang91
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
kennydang91

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:54 pm

I've noticed that on Toyota Nation and CorollaCarClub as well. Summer 2013 is just a crazy season so far for everyone I guess.

My car has been out of service for a while now. Had some suspension issues and had to send it in under warranty. -_-

Not to mention the 100+ degree weather that's been going on recently week. furious Can't do anything in this weather without burning.

And there goes the tumble weed Screenshot_2013-07-01-00-48-20
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:22 pm

im working full time noww, i get 2 days off a week and i try to get out of bed in them days but i just cant lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
SHEHROZE ARAIN
Pakistan Rep
Pakistan Rep
SHEHROZE ARAIN

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:32 am

u are right...but i try to keep up.....been updating thread....was lil dissapointed to see no response
Back to top Go down
jay93FXGT
jay93FXGT

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:14 am

I really really want to get the ball rolling with my car, as everyone well knows, but right now it's dreamer territory till I get funding going. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:15 am

Car forums here seem to be dying in general, I'm a moderator on one (Toyota Owners Club Australia) and a Board Member on another (Toymods) and the turnouts for events is getting smaller and smaller - I think Facebook groups have contributed a lot and started to take over, especially with the current culture where things are disposable and people don't tend to form attachments with their cars, as well as the proliferation of "off-the-shelf" modifications that don't require as much mechanical knowledge and interaction, just "bolt-on and drive away".

In saying that, I've put a lot of my mod plans on hold (and still haven't gotten around to finishing off some of the ones I have going at the moment) due to financial pressures (trying to save up for a house and family car as the wife is already getting clucky)
Back to top Go down
kickfli12
Elite Member
Elite Member
kickfli12

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:30 am

i too am very busy being a full time Toyota technician and all working 11hrs a day 5 days a week. the days that i am off i spend sleeping and running errands. and every chance that i can get i try to spend some quality time with Jennifer so she doesn't feel forgotten. there's really little time to work on my car, not to mention its on hold cause im on the hardcore search for a wagon =) but i do try to tinker with it every now and again but the things i do aren't really worth updating.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 am

kickfli12 wrote:
not to mention its on hold cause im on the hardcore search for a wagon =)

I'm seriously considering a wagon too (sick of not having boot space), figured I can kill two birds with one stone and have a 1J-powered turbo family wagon Razz

And there goes the tumble weed Autowp.ru_toyota_mark_ii_blit_5
Back to top Go down
kennydang91
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
kennydang91

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:44 am

I think Hiro nailed it regarding the death of forums.

I had my Teins on the forums for a week and no buyers. Post it on facebook and sold it in 2 days. 

Questions posted on facebook get answered a lot faster as well.

Kinda sad. I really love forums cause it's like a little family with each one. Sad
Back to top Go down
kickfli12
Elite Member
Elite Member
kickfli12

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:57 am

i know what you mean kenny, i especially like this one. were a tight knit group (we know who we are lol) and know a lot about each other. its sad to see things like this disappear to social media. you wont get the same relationships there as you would get here. although i must say i LOVE the ae1010wnersclub whatsapp family <3

we talk about the dumbest stuff lol

as lame as this may sound i feel that i have a personal connection with all of you whether it be because we all have the same interests or because we all have or have had the same type of car and i consider you all family.... even if we've never met in real life and may never meet in real life. you wont get that on facebook with thousands of people posting the same crap over and over.

just thought id get that out
Back to top Go down
BRIDGY
BRIDGY

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:06 pm

I feel pretty much the same and hope by now i to am considered a part of the family even a distant cousin will do with my lack of knowlege lol, anyway I do feel the sort of bond alot of us seem to have and fingers crossed we will do for at least a few more years:D
Back to top Go down
kickfli12
Elite Member
Elite Member
kickfli12

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:19 pm

^^^^ = Family
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:32 pm

kickfli12 wrote:
i know what you mean kenny, i especially like this one. were a tight knit group (we know who we are lol) and know a lot about each other. its sad to see things like this disappear to social media. you wont get the same relationships there as you would get here. although i must say i LOVE the ae1010wnersclub whatsapp family <3

as lame as this may sound i feel that i have a personal connection with all of you whether it be because we all have the same interests or because we all have or have had the same type of car and i consider you all family.... even if we've never met in real life and may never meet in real life. you wont get that on facebook with thousands of people posting the same crap over and over.

just thought id get that out

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  true story Tyler! however there should be a bandwidth thing going on with Shehroze and Farhan!!!!!!

p.s. Mr Chair, Is it possible to change my forum name on here from Japcon to Ferdinand please?
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:28 am

kickfli12 wrote:
i LOVE the ae1010wnersclub whatsapp family <3

lol! I love you  you all ..

it really is a funny group. iv been on forums since i was 17 so i know that every forum has its ups and downs.. but dont worry guys, we wont be going anywhere anytime sooon
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
BRIDGY
BRIDGY

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:19 am

^^ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kickfli12
Elite Member
Elite Member
kickfli12

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:31 am

we know ishaq =) well, at least we'll still be here. it seems like most of the noobs come and go
Back to top Go down
BRIDGY
BRIDGY

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:58 am

I have thought the same, we seem to get alot of introductions from people with big plans etc then never here from them again, bit of a shame really.
Back to top Go down
kickfli12
Elite Member
Elite Member
kickfli12

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:45 pm

^^^ thats exactly what i was thinking
Back to top Go down
SHEHROZE ARAIN
Pakistan Rep
Pakistan Rep
SHEHROZE ARAIN

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:45 am

first of all whats app family is top secret....its on a need to know basis lol..and second.....I aint going nowhere....and nor is my corolla...no matter how big the money pit it will become it will always remain in my garage with the same pride it in when from factory
Back to top Go down
BRIDGY
BRIDGY

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 3:00 am

Nice to hear Shehroze, I hope to pass mine on to my son (Still in the oven lol) but still get a good few years out of it myself first.
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:22 am

I've been on vacation, but the facebook trend is true. Forums are less popular these days, but we aren't going anywhere!
Back to top Go down
kennydang91
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
kennydang91

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah, I'll always be here. And Chris, as much as we miss you, get off the computer and enjoy your vacation! Laughing
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Oh, I'm back! hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And there goes the tumble weed   And there goes the tumble weed Empty

Back to top Go down

And there goes the tumble weed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE101 Owners Club :: General :: Lounge & Off Topic-
Jump to: