AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 I_voting_barThe "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 I_voting_barThe "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The "Green Panda" Hatchback

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ChrisRey

The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 2:39 pm

Great progress! DIY mat gave me an idea for the truck here.
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Thanks! Very Happy Altho i have put the DIY mat project on hold, since i was able to restore the original rubber mats colors somewhat and they look better (for the time being anyway). Still need to hunt down someone who can make some custom ones and i'll probably use the rubber mats measurements. Still i'm glad some of my weird antics gave someone inspiration laugh
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Last time when i checked the wiring behind that panel, i didn't see the wiring for the dimmer switch.. until i checked it again i and i found it! It was so well hidden the first time...
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 98133310

Anyway i knew immediately that i had to populate it with some goodies.
A small piece of luxury has been acquired!

The lights in the cluster are in need of a upgrade, in order to make better use of the dimmer switch. The lights are only visible at night and even then the lights are weak.

Obviously the electric mirrors don't work since the door part of the wiring is missing it, despite having the wiring ready for the switch. Truly bizarre.. unless i have been fooled once again. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Alright it's update time! two weeks ago i decided to undertake a front side overhaul with a new set of control arms, ball joints and dog bones.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10142810

Left side hardware is out! The ball joint was a pain in the ass to remove.
The rear pushing is in surprisingly good condition, despite the rust. But i'll renew it anyway since i got a new one ready to go.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10143910

Now take a look at this.. this thing is shredded! This happened because the mounting point at some point in it's lifetime got (presumably) hit by a rock and bent against the pushing, grinding it away over time.
With the help of a propane torch (my first time using it, i'm amazed i didn't cause hellfire upon this neighborhood.) and some bending, it's much better now.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10110210

Here's a better look at it.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10100810

Aaand here's the final product! Looking mighty fine.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 82241810

Oh here's a polyurethane sway bar bushings that i installed awhile back, it tightened things up nicely. Now i need to decide if i'm going to just upgrade the rear bushings or the rear sway bar itself..
Anyway this side is D O N E, a whole day was spent on it and my whole body was aching all over the place, especially my arms  lol!
After a good night's rest, it was time to tackle the other side. Sadly i didn't snap any photos since my battery died, but it's save to say that things progressed a lot faster since a knew what i was doing this time.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10106710

All things didn't go as planned tho. The right side ball joint gave me too much trouble (mainly because lack of proper tools and space), so i phoned up my local mechanic and he took care of it later, i also made him change my oil while i was at it. I'll be definitely be doing some tool shopping after this. After this i can say that the ride quality is much improved.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10126410

And now, i have purchased a new set of tie rods. After that the front side is pretty much brand new other than CV axels(?).
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10105510
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:15 pm

And that's that for now. Oh and the painted spoilers arrived last week, they look mental! I'll try to get some photos of them this week so you all can see the results!
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 4:11 pm

So, the new tie rods are in! Soon i'll get to enjoy driving this bloody thing. I just ordered some polyurethane sway bar bushings for the rear. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Very Happy

Oh and some stuff happened, i went and swapped out my bonnet for a slightly less rusted one from my part out hatch since that happens to be the same color.
The old one had some visible rust dots, this one only has very little under the bonnet.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10117911

Here are the pics of the spoilers, they turned out great. I was a bit in the hurry so i couldn't get better pics, but these will do for the time being.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10112510

Dat shine!
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 83609710

The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 93010010

Here's the roof spoiler. Got it last year for 20€ + post.
The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 10140810

The price tag for getting these painted were 150€ which i think is quite affordable.
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 9:48 am

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Hello, it's been awhile! i have been having a little problem.. Have any of you had one of those days that you are just now satisfied with your car anymore? Well i'm going through with that right now.
Of course it doesn't help that i have been eyeing out some new cars to add my arsenal. lol! my sights
are being set on a N/A SW20 MR2! I hope that driving another car for awhile will help me get over this dilemma. (probably not)

Anyway recently i went for a little drive in attempt to clear my mind and i have come out of it more positive minded.
When the roads aren't garbage, the hatch is an absolute dream to drive!
Thanks to the rear polybushes to the swaybar i swapped, it has made a great difference for cornering and most importantly.. safety. Before the rear end didn't behave itself so it felt like i was gonna tip over Very Happy Now it's nice and stiff. Well obviously not as stiff as a dedicated bigger swaybar, but for the price it's great!

Now a little pet peeve of mine... Remember that time when i had to replace the upper strut mount? Well the replacement part had slightly bigger bolts so i had to enlarge the mount holes back then, but now that i have coilovers... the strut can make clunking noises during hard ish braking because the bolts are now the OEM sized... oh and some vibrations come through during driving. That's what you get for buying aftermarket haha (grrr)! I have been thinking that maybe welding the mounting holes shut and carefully re drill the holes would do the trick, of course i would need to take precise measurements before hand.

In the end, maybe it would be easier to get another hatch and start over again.
Well i'll be getting the MR2 regardless and keep the hatch for now.

I have been considering that if i come across a better equipped hatch for example.. with Electric windows and mirrors, better interior and such, i might get that and convert some of my mods over. That is if i ever find one, since those are EXTREMELY rare to find. Most of the AE101 in Finland consist of Base models (Xi), Slightly less base modely (XLi aka what i have) and the relatively rare Si models and even rarer CXi.
Back to top Go down
N1njatuna

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 11:37 am

ORAIOO wrote:
Whoops looks like i forgot to post this one!  lol!
I got this white cluster for a steal! Only 30€! Oh and some clear turn signals to go along with it.

The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 75204410

Are you planning on using this in your own project? or perhaps willing to sell it? Razz

Greetings
-another Finn
Back to top Go down
ORAIOO

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 8:59 pm

Hi there fellow Finn! I'll likely keep it for now, hoping to find a better hatch to mod it into. But hey, i just noticed that someone from "FinToys - Toyota Club of Finland" Facebook group is selling one there right now. Might wanna try your luck there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Green Panda" Hatchback   The "Green Panda" Hatchback - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Green Panda" Hatchback
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3